Forgiveness is a Gift
1. Identify the offender and the offense. It is difficult to forgive a person when the offense is not clearly stated.
2. Acknowledge how the offense made you feel. Allowing yourself to feel the pain clarifies the offense.
3. Release the person from the debt. Realize forgiveness is a gift that you choose to give and not a feeling. Because God has forgiven you, you can forgive.
4. Accept the offender unconditionally. Believing that you are fully accepted by Christ, allows His love to flow through you to the offender.
5. Be willing to forgive again. To love is to risk!
Matthew 18:20-22 ~ For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. Then Peter came and said to Him, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times? Jesus said to him, I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.